A 15-year-old girl died after choking on a ham sandwich in the school playground during morning break.

The teenager collapsed as she ate her snack around 11.15am on Thursday at her school in the southern Spanish city of Jaen.

Staff and other pupils tried to help but she was reportedly wearing an back brace which made it impossible to save her using the first aid procedure known as the Heimlich manoeuvre.

She was already dead by the time emergency medical responders reached Az-Zait Secondary School.

Javier Imbroda, the regional government councillor for education and sport who visited the school after the…



Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *